Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis*, Muscular Dystrophy, Parkinson Disease often mean progressive symptoms of paralysis or strength loss of the entire body musculature, accompanied by flaccid or spastic paralysis. Additionally ataxia, disturbance of sensitivity, speech, vision and other perception disturbances as well as rectum and bladder disturbances can also develop.
- The wheelchair must be repeatedly readapted to the user during the course of the illness, which is why only a model with a very flexible modular construction system should be used. It should be possible to modify the wheelchair from a shuffle type to a hand tyre grip type and eventually a support/push type wheelchair.
- Good sitting position for prevention of secondary symptoms. These could be: decubitus (due to immobility), spine asymmetries which can cause pain and reduce lung ventilation and in the long-term even make an operation necessary.
- Good sitting position, also for contracture prevention.
- The adaptability of the seat and back framework for stabilisation of the upper part of the body is very important for the best-possible use of the remaining strength.
- With muscle dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) eventually individual back and seat units will have to be formed.
- Adaptation of the wheel geometry because easy running promotes mobility whereas overstraining accelerates the illness process.
- It is very important that all locking mechanisms are easy to operate for both the user and the accompanying person.
- Auxiliary drive systems should be used for the longest possible preservation of their own activity (e.g., support by additional drive system Servomatic)
- Options for arm resting (therapy table, height-adjustable armrests) are usually necessary.
- Detachable, split legrests so that the transfer can be effected from the front independently or with assistance.
- An anti-decubitus seat cushion is often required.
- Mobility by car by way of easy folding/unfolding, low weight and easy loading of the wheelchair.
Our product recommandation:
Solero Light 9.072
Eurochair ² Stock Version 2.750HMV number: 18.50.02.2122To the product
Eurochair ² Pro 2.850
Eurochair ² XXL 2.850
Eurochair Stock Version 1.750HMV number: 18.50.02.2085To the product
Eurochair ² HD / INDIVIDUAL 2.865